I’ve been thinking about starting a YouTube channel.
Here are some reasons why it makes sense:
- More personal than tweets or podcasts.
- A YouTube video is an asset that improves with time (unlike a tweet).
- Have a ton written content from this website that can be turned into video content.
- It will allow me to learn video editing, which will be a useful skill when transitioning the podcasts to video format.
Here are reasons why it doesn’t make sense:
- Will take time away from writing.
- I’m still learning as a podcaster.
- I haven’t written 100 blog posts or recorded 100 podcasts yet.
- Don’t want to get shiny object syndrome.
For now, I’m not sure I will go ahead with this project.
Because I know if I do it, I’m not just committing to do it once… I’m committing to do it at least 100 times.
This is Day 12 of 14 of my daily writing challenge.