Yesterday, we hit 10,000 downloads in a single month and 20,000 downloads overall for The Danny Miranda Podcast.
Thank you for your support. I’m excited to build on this momentum in 2021. If you’d like to help the show, you can leave a review here.
Let’s dive into the treasure.
1. It’s never too late to start.
How many times have you asked yourself, “Am I too late to do this?”
It turns out… “thinking you’re late to the party” is not a new phenomenon.
I was surprised to find Walt Disney was dealing with the same struggle:
Now when I got to Hollywood I was discouraged with animation, I didn’t think I’d ever do another animated thing again. I said, ‘I think I’m getting in it too late.’ Felix the Cat was going then, other things, and I just said, It’s too late. I should have been in the business six years before.”
Additionally, it turns out billionaires Marc Andreessen and Patrick Collison (Stripe) had similar thoughts as well.
2. A year without alcohol
Last night, I watched Tuesday Treasure subscriber Hunter Weiss talk about his journey without alcohol for the last year. It’s raw. It’s real. And I think you’ll enjoy it.
(I’m personally 300+ days without alcohol and deeply resonated with his message.)
Hunter has had an unbelievable year. In addition to staying sober, he:
- Had his work shared by the President
- Had his work shared on Joe Rogan
- Ran 50 miles in a single day
- Went surfing with YouTube legend Casey Neistat
If you’d like to learn more about the man, you can check out the podcast we did back in September. Grateful to call him a friend and excited to see what he’ll be doing in the year ahead.
3. Starting the year with some challenges
I’ll be working on 3 challenges to start the year:
- 50 pullup challenge – 50 consecutive pull-ups by the end of the year. You can check out the Instagram page for more info. I’ll be documenting my journey on my website and maybe on YouTube too. This was Hunter’s idea and now there are 100+ crazy souls doing this.
- Ship 30 for 30 – I will be writing an atomic essay (250 words or less) for a month starting on January 4th. These will be posted on my blog and Twitter. Created by the legendary Dickie Bush.
- 60 minutes for 60 days meditation challenge – I wasn’t as strict with my 60-minute meditations in December and actually felt a huge, noticeable difference. Today, marks Day 2 of the challenge and I will be documenting my progress on the experiments page like last time.
4. Sometimes we overcomplicate it.
This quote popped into my inbox. It’s worth a share:
Human mood and well-being are heavily influenced by simple things… Exercise, good sleep, light, being in nature. It’s cheap to experiment with these.
5. Louis & Kyle Show Summit
For anyone interested in podcasting and/or growing an audience, my friends Louis & Kyle interviewed 31 podcasters about how to do it (each episode is 10-20 minutes).
I’ve gone through a bunch of episodes and highly recommend it.
6. The Danny Miranda Podcast Schedule
This week you can look forward to interviews with…
Wednesday – Jordan Syatt (Gary Vaynerchuk’s personal trainer)
Friday – Danny Miranda (lol)
Monday – Rob Henderson (Yale PhD psychologist)
As always, I look forward to hearing from you.
Shoot me back a message with your favorite piece a treasure or just to say hi.
To your success,
PS I’m on a mission to hit 100 reviews on Apple Podcasts before the end of the year. If you’d like to help me do that, I’d be forever grateful.