This book changed my life.
From August 2019 to August 2020, I transformed into an entirely different person.
I started living consciously.
What does that mean exactly?
5 LESSONS OF CONSCIOUS LIVING
- Seek your true self.
- Let go of the uncontrollable.
- We are all made up of the same thing.
- Life is fullest when we’re most true to ourselves.
- Life reaches its full potential when we bring forth our creative desires.
QUESTIONS FOR CONSCIOUS LIVING
(1) How do I live at peace with myself?
(2) How do I live in harmony with the people around me?
- Love is the antidote to fear.
- The only way to attract the love you want is to love and embrace your self.
- We can only give to others effectively when we love ourselves deeply.
- We can only love ourselves deeply when we contribute to others fully.
HOW TO FIND YOUR PURPOSE
- What do I most love to do?
- What could engage me so deeply I’d never want to retire?
- What am I really about?
- What would be a purpose so grand that it could express itself through everything I do?
ON TELLING THE TRUTH
If you are authentic with yourself, you’ll stay in a naturally good mood as you walk around the world.
If you tell the authentic truth, you’ll have clear relationships with others.
If you don’t, things will get out of control quickly.
RULES TO FOLLOW
- Do what you say you’re going to do. Don’t do what you say you’re not going to do.
- Say something authentic every hour.
- Speak an appreciation once an hour.
- Creativity is next to love. It is simply endless experimentation without judgment or criticism.
- Do some creative work every day to keep the pipes oiled with no worry about the outcome.
- People expressing their creativity feel good whether rich or poor.
Breathe while others speak. Pause briefly after they finish before you rush in with your point of view. Give an informal summary of what the other person said…
- “If I understand what you’re saying, you…”
- “Let me see if I’ve got what you mean…”
- We are shaped more by our choices than by our genes or past history.
- Each time we take an action, we strengthen the motivating force behind the action (it’s easier to workout the 20th time than the first).
- Each time you go through a big transition in life, you break through into the unknown. There is typically natural resistance.
- Many of our self-esteem problems are not about us personally.
- Are you speaking with the intention to be (1) right or (2) in harmony?
- Fear is beyond our control. So if we cannot control it, the only sane alternative is to relax into the pure acceptance of it.
- The secret of happiness is knowing that there are some things you can control and some things you cannot.
- Every aspect of reality is sacred.
Although I read this book after my life changed, it helped explain why.
Thank you to @Hunter_Weiss for recommending it.
Respond with your favorite bullet or tweet in this thread / any questions and I’ll do my best to answer in a timely manner!
To your success,