What does my visualization practice look like?
Currently, there are five components:
- Mentality Folder. This is 10-15 sheets of paper (printed out!). I review these three times per day in a folder – morning, afternoon, and night. The categories are… Identity, Who Is Danny Miranda?, Personal Creed, Vision & Mission, Yearly Targets, Intentions, Standards, Affirmations, Cookie Jar. (To learn more about it, check out this post.)
- “I Love Myself.” At random points in the day, I’ll stop and simply say “I Love Myself” ten times. Recently, my trigger has been at the end of a shower. I also like to do this before bed. I imagine what it would feel like to hug myself.
- The Greatest Salesman In the World – 10 Scrolls. Matthew McConaughey recommended this. I’m currently on Scroll III. It’s a short 4-page document that I read every morning, afternoon, and night.
- Tweets and comments. These are printed out and posted on my bedroom wall. They are noteworthy because they made me feel something. Have around 35 currently hung up.
- Note card on bathroom mirror. This is handwritten. It is a Directive Affirmation Statement from With Winning In Mind by Lanny Bassham. It describes the type of person I am and the actions I do daily.
These have been added slowly over time. Now, they feel natural.
If the above looks overwhelming? Try one for three months with no expectation. See what happens.