This was my favorite Modern Wisdom episode to date. Highly recommended for anyone pursuing the highest version of themselves.
- Ben would change the name of the book from Chasing Excellence to Chasing Fulfillment
- Ben tracks his most important traits to make sure he’s committed.
- LOVE: 1. Be home by 6pm, 2. Have family dinner, 3. Contact wife in middle of day, 4. Play with kids, 5. Call mom and dad
- LEADERSHIP: 1.Have a hard conversation, 2. Connect emotionally/empathetically, 3. Connect, Be prepared
- We remember the hardship. The adversity is opportunity for us to get better.
- You can’t call upon confidence. It is the end result of preparation + effort.
- Blur the line between work and play
- Don’t chase joy, don’t chase pleasure; don’t chase what mom/dad/society told you to do either
- The best heuristic for whether or not your life has meaning, are you excited to get out of bed or not?