This website is about you. It’s about optimizing your habits. And you becoming the best version of yourself.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. You (and I) have heard everyone say that.
How can I prove it?
There have been two major themes when I’ve been at my best in life (“firing on all cylinders” as the kids like to say):
- I was on a streak — doing the same habit(s) day after day. Building a routine.
- I was accountable for my streak — other people were aware I was building this streak. I didn’t want to let myself down (or them!).
So why not use this website as a way to create that process for myself and YOU.
Here’s how it works:
- You email danny [at] dannymiranda [dot] com with the streak you want to create. Title: Streak: [Insert Your Habit Here]
- Include your social media handle (or your website) and time zone.
- Every day, respond to your initial email and say you’ve completed your task. If you fail to respond to the thread each day, your streak will be removed. You have until 11:59pm to report your submission. If you report you’ve completed your streak at midnight, this will NOT count. You can submit a new one any time you’d like.
- Streaks will be updated at 3 p.m. EST the following day at dannymiranda.com/streaks – you can track your progress (and others) there!
What streak should you try?
This is about what you’re trying to accomplish right now.
It could be as simple as one minute of meditation. It could be 75HARD. It could be 10 pages of reading. It could be waking up every day at the same time. The possibilities are endless in terms of ways to improve yourself.
Here are a couple of recommendations:
- Make it something you can control (“10 minutes meditation” > “Feel more peaceful”)
- Make it something you can measure (“45 minute workout” > “Workout”)
- Make it an action, not a result (“Clean diet” > “Lose 20 pounds”)
If you want to change your life, change your habits.
A lot of people want to change their life. But they fail to change their habits because they don’t (1) build momentum by creating a streak and (2) are not accountable in public if they fail. (I’ve been there too many times.)
Streaks changes that.
You are publicly incentivized to stay on the top of the leaderboard. Every day you continue to build your streak, you will be changing your identity (and changing your life). You will also have an updated spot on the leaderboard.
The more reasons you have to do a habit, the more likely you will be to do it — even when you don’t feel like it (which will create discipline). Soon enough, you’re someone who does what they need to do, even when they don’t feel like doing it.
I’ve experimented with all types of ways to improve. But I’ve found the best way to get better is by building momentum while being accountable to others.
Why am I doing this?
The goal of this website is to build a community of people who are in pursuit of a better version. I am interested in getting to know people who build positive habits. I want to talk to these people. I want to learn from these people. “These people” could be you.
What if you lie?
The only person you’re hurting is yourself.
- Shoot me an email at danny [at] dannymiranda [dot] com with the habit you want to track.
- Title of email: Streak: [Insert Your Habit Here]
- Include social media or website.
- Send me an email every day by midnight (your time!) saying you completed your task.
- Track yours (and others) streaks on this page.
To your success,