Russ started rapping in 2006. By 2015, he became a worldwide sensation. This book is part autobiography, part self-help. You’ll learn why Russ believes the three keys to achieving your dreams are delusion, persistence, and gratitude. Short read but lot of wisdom in these pages.
- There are three essential qualities into turning your life into your dream life: delusion, persistence, gratitude
- “You have to be careful what you think about, because it comes true.”
- When you set your achievement in the future, you’re already putting it off. The future never comes. It will always remain the future. You need to say “I am successful.” You need to believe so deeply that you are just waiting for the world to catch up.
- Living off delusion is healthy. Everything is unrealistic until it’s not. Follow your dream despite its contraction with the known reality and the rational expectations and assumptions of other people
- Become addicted to the craft. After the show, Russ partied with the fans but the whole time he was itching to get back into the hotel to record.
- Get so lost in your passion that the numbers on a clock aren’t real. Time isn’t real. Just clocks.
- Detach from the when. If you’re too attached to the when, you will be fighting the natural flow of the universe. It knows the exact right moment everything needs to happen.
- Fuck the points. Play for the love of the game.