Jimmy Grant is an electronic music DJ (also known as ROSEDRiiVE) and podcaster. In this conversation, we spoke about how quarantine has changed him, how he became an international DJ, and how meditation plus gratitude have shaped his life.
This was my favorite Modern Wisdom episode to date. Highly recommended for anyone pursuing the highest version of themselves.
- Ben would change the name of the book from Chasing Excellence to Chasing Fulfillment
- Ben tracks his most important traits to make sure he’s committed.
- LOVE: 1. Be home by 6pm, 2. Have family dinner, 3. Contact wife in middle of day, 4. Play with kids, 5. Call mom and dad
- LEADERSHIP: 1.Have a hard conversation, 2. Connect emotionally/empathetically, 3. Connect, Be prepared
- We remember the hardship. The adversity is opportunity for us to get better.
- You can’t call upon confidence. It is the end result of preparation + effort.
- Blur the line between work and play
- Don’t chase joy, don’t chase pleasure; don’t chase what mom/dad/society told you to do either
- The best heuristic for whether or not your life has meaning, are you excited to get out of bed or not?
Andrew Barry is a curious learner. He runs Curious Lion, a company that is transforming online education. I invited Andrew on to the podcast because we both published our conversations with Ali Abdaal on the same day. It was a sign from the universe. In this conversation, we spoke about what most online courses do wrong, building in public, and how to not get distracted by the latest shiny object on the internet.
Toby Howell is a writer for The Morning Brew. He runs the Morning Brew Twitter account, and in this conversation, we spoke about best practices for Twitter, how he got a job at the company without a resume, and 75 Hard.
Sponsor: MarketingExamples.com – Whenever I want to learn anything about marketing, this is the first place I go. Simple, easy to understand, and useful. I enjoy the newsletter straight into my inbox as well – MarketingExamples.com/subscribe
Anthony Ferraro is a blind Judo athlete who is representing the United States in the Paralympic Games. He is a former high school wrestler and in this conversation, we spoke about what it was like to drive across the country, the importance of self-talk, and how specific sounds remind him of different moments in his life.
“The only disability is a bad attitude.” –Anthony Ferraro
Polina Marinova Pompliano is the writer behind The Profile. In this conversation, we spoke about her very first job, the five daily habits she tracks to create a great day, and The Rock sharing her work.